Monday, October 31, 2011

Turkey part three! Bolu and beyond!

On the fourth day of our trip we finally headed to Bolu Turkey.  Where we spent the remainder of the time.  The Bolu province is north western Black Sea region.  No, we did not see the Black Sea.  The population of Bolu is 271,208.  We actually stayed at a friend's resort which was seven miles outside of Bolu. It was so nice to finally be out of the city for a while.  Even though we where outside the city we still got to hear the call to pray five times a day.  Turkey is 97% Muslim.

Views from where we stayed

kind of looks like Montana! The highest peck with snow on we drove up there.  It was beautiful.  But sadly my camera was broken :(

I loved all the fall colors in the mountains!

green pumpkins

Tree grafting is very big in Turkey.  This is actually the first time I saw a tree graft.

Seth loved playing in the grass here!

Seth and I hanging out in the cabin where we stayed.
We found out that to say Seth's name in Turkish sounds a lot like sh*t. pronounced sheet.  Which is kind of funny.
I wish we could have spent more time traveling in Turkey.  There is so much more to see; and not to mention beautiful.  It was a great vacation and I'm very happy to be back in my own bed! Seth agrees!

Seth's first
  1. Seth actually took two steps (by himself without hanging on to anything)  in Bolu.  I'm predicting he will be walking within a couple of weeks!
  2. Seth starting say "mama" .  Which is very sweet! LOVE IT.

1 comment:

  1. It is sweet when they say mama for the first time - remember that when he is a teenager and calling "MOM" "where is my....." So sweet..:)
    Blessings from Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete