Monday, April 23, 2012

taco bell withdrawls

Living up here has it's perks but it also has it's cons.  One of them is not having a Taco Bell so I could order a crunch supreme... oh and Subway.  (I love and miss Subway and Shamrock shakes at McDonald's during Saint Patrick's day)
I found on pinterest a recipe for Taco bells crunch supreme's but I couldn't get on the website.  So I did some web searches and I found a few recipes that I adapted to make my own version of the Crunch Supreme!


 Large Flour Tortillas burrito style
1 lbs of ground beef... or in my case ground caribou from last years hunt up in Kotz!
taco seasoning
sour cream
shredded cheese
tortilla chips ( I used tortilla scoops because it was the only kind we had around the house)
tomatoes
lettuce
black beans ( I know Taco Bell doesn't add black beans but I LOVE them!
black olives 
Brown burger, add taco seasoning and cook until done.

I read that If you microwaved the tortillas for a few seconds before adding all the goodies it makes wrapping them easier.  I don't have a microwave but I could see where that would make it easier.

Take a tortilla, spread some sour cream in the center.
Next top with burger and black beans.  ( I found that I could probably make 6 crunch wraps out of a pound of burger... but that is depending on how much you are putting in your crunch wrap.)
shredded cheese or nacho cheese... we used plain shredded cheese
Add a layer of tortilla chips or you could add a small corn tortilla like a toastade size.
Top with lettuce,black olives and tomatoes.

I thought folding them was going to be tricky but it wasn't. As you can see from the first picture all the goodies are in the middle of the tortillas so it's basically bring in the sides.  Watch out for the chips in the tortillas , because they like to poke holes in the shell!
Cook on a non stick pan or griddle.  Press with a spatula and cook until brown, flip and do other side.  These don't take long to cook!

 Yum a new favorite of Seth's.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy. I haven't had a shamrock shake in years...I would miss Taco John's potato ole's. Blessings from Ringle.

    ReplyDelete