Friday, March 9, 2012

neat treats

When I'm in the mood for making cookies but don't feel like taking the time and scooping cookie dough, I always make this recipe.  I came to the realization that I make this recipe A LOT.  A least once every two months.  Actually the first time I had this recipe was when my best friend and now sister-in-law, EM, came up and made these for me.  I don't think I ever told her how often I made them after that first time...  I make them most frequently. 






Mini Morsel Shortbread Squares.

1 Cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Cups chocolate chip mini morsels. ( I always use normal size)
21/4 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350.  Beat butter and sugar in bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Press into bottom of  greased 9 by 13 baking pan.  Bake for 30 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with remaining morsels.  Let stand for 5 minutes. Spread evenly.

***I add the two cups of chocolate chips right away I don't spread any over the top... simply because I forget to and now it's such a habit***

For this weekend I recommend that you make these bars and go to your library and get this book:  The Dressmaker of Khair Khana by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon.   


An Afghah women risked everything to keep her family afloat during the Taliban reign.

Chocolate Chip bars + The Dressmaker of Khair Khana = relaxing weekend

This is EM's baby and my new niece, Sage.  Born on Dec. 26 2011. 5LBS 10oz ? This is my favorite picture of her relaxing!


2 comments:

  1. Those bars sound good. I'm teaching a needle felting class at the UWMC for 4-H, but maybe I will have time to make them on Sunday. Sage is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about these!! I will have to attempt to make the GF as Sage is unforgiving with the wheat.

    ReplyDelete